This weak (sic) has been full of excitement. Thanks to the surgery which left me doped pretty much all week, I’ve gotten far less done than I wanted to. This is right down to having to push off an appointment from Friday to Monday as well as completely missing important mail from my land lady. There have been some highlights however.
- While I’m likely not using them correctly, I’m navigating Tomcat, Java, and Eclipse more efficiently now.
- I’ve done my first servlet code to push data back to the database from a client
- I’ve been working on a data entry app to make adding data easier. (It’s crappy, but it has some nice features including db lookup)
- I may have a potential Product Manager to start working with arranging the business end of thing.
On the agenda (aside from catching up on email and meetings)
- Data Entry Client
- Add versioning info to the client 02104.01.12..2250
- Add the data client to the continuous automation 02104.01.12..2250
- Gather the collected data for push back to the server
- Add a <strike>redacted</strike> to let me see where a <strike>redacted</strike> is.
- Finish the data PUT calls for posting data to the DB
- Learn how to automate the checkin of java code with CI to push it directly to the Tomcat machine.
- Use the new data managed in the DB to populate the existing interfaces
- Disable unused interfaces for Alpha distribution (keeping active for dev dist)
As you can see, the week ahead is fairly full code wise.
Time and code marches on!